Wednesday, January 10, 2018

What are you doing to improve the Quality of your Life - Part 2

So what do I do in such a situation?
Here is a line of reflection you could follow:
1.    My past, my background, my up bringing defines my present, my future.
a.  Do I understand this? What is the baggage from the past that I am carrying? Am I carrying resentments, prejudices, pains, angers, hurts or whatever from my past?
b.  Did I grow up in abject poverty? Did I grow up in a dysfunctional family? Was I abused as a child?
c.  Did one or both parents die when I was a child? Did I experience divorce between my parents? Did either of my parents abandon me as a child?
d.  I cannot really enumerate all the events that may contribute to my present day situation. But I hope you get the situation. The answers to your present day situation will most certainly be found in your early or recent past.
e.  A word of caution: Your Ego or Pride will do its utmost to convince you that your problem does not lie in your past but in those around you:- Your Spouse, your Boss, your Mother-in-law, the markets, spiraling prices, the devil and even God. If you believe this, then you are helpless and become a victim!
f.   Instead take responsibility. This does not mean you are to blame. This only mean that you are willing to look into your life, that you are willing to use your ability to RESPOND rather than REACT to a situation.
g.  We react because we are frightened. We DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE CHOICES. To respond, to heal, we must have resources. We ALL possess these resources. Unfortunately, our upbringing has convinced us that we don’t have resources, and must depend on others. (Parents, relatives, teachers, etc.) The more I understand that I am enough! That I have every thing I possibly need to live a humane and effective life, the more free, joyful and successful will I be.

2. As you pass this stage of resolving issues from your past, you could gently move on to the second stage.

Continued in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment